What is up, listeners? I've been jammin' in the studio with some good ol' soul jams.
This show is one that I FORGOT TO POST for all of you, and I am SO SORRY. I posted the 6 O'Clock Shadow hour that I did that day, but not this one. Some exciting things happened on this episode of What It Is, including having a special guest, my very good friend Sarah, in the studio taking some documentary photography while I did my thang.
I really have nothing else to say, so let's get to it!
[Artist: Song - Album]
- The Bar-Kays: Let's Have Some Fun - Flying High On Your Love
- Bootsy Collins: 1st One 2 The Egg Wins (The Human Race) - What's Bootsy Doin'?
- Charles Bradley: In You (I Found A Love) - No Time For Dreaming
- Goldenrod: Death of Concept of Future - Painting for Prophets
- Ginuwine: Pony (album version) - Pony
- The Fifth Dimension: We Could Fly - Star Dancing
- Al Green: I'd Fly Away - Full of Fire
- Marvin Gaye: Right On - What's Going On?
- Maze: The Look In Your Eyes - Joy And Pain
- Nino Moschella: Are You For Real - The Fix
- Janelle Monae: Many Moons - Metropolis: The Chase
- Microphone Mathematics: Quasimoto - Peanut Butter Wolf's Jukebox 45's
- Musiq: Stoplayin - Juslisen
- The Dell-Vikings: Whispering Bells - Doo Wop Uptempo
- Earth Wind and Fire: Electric Nation - Electric Universe
- Charles Earland: Cornbread - Coming To You Live
- Diana Ross and the Supremes: How Long Has That Evening Train Been Gone - Love Child
- Roy Davis Jr.: Take A Ride - Water For Thirsty Children
- Andre Williams: Hear Ya Dance - Can You Deal With It?
- The Bucketheads: The Bomb! [These Sounds Fall Into My Mind] - All In The Mind
- The Mackrosoft: Enclavia de Labia - Journey to Vaginus
- Bautista: Elena - The Heat of the Wind
- George Clinton: He Dance Funky - Our Gang Funky
- Reminiscence Quartet: batucada de carioca pt. 2 - Psychodelico
- Aretha Franklin: Don't Say You're Sorry Again - After Hours
- Chaka Khan: Tell Me Something Good (Live) - Epiphany
- Tyrone Davis: Can't Help But Say - I Can't Go On This Way
- Jimmy Thomas: Feelin' Good - Ike and Tina Turner Revue
- Balance: I really like the balance of the different kinds of soul music I played this time. Sometimes I tend to lean one way or the other, but I pretty much hit everything this time.
- The Bar-Kays: Always a good way to start a set. Second only to Bootsy.
- NOTHING IS BAD EVERYTHING GOOD.
Keep listening! Leave comments with suggestions!