Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What It Is #2 - 1/20/12

Right Click/Ctrl-Click to Download What It Is #2 Here

What is up, listeners? I've been jammin' in the studio with some good ol' soul jams.



This show is one that I FORGOT TO POST for all of you, and I am SO SORRY. I posted the 6 O'Clock Shadow hour that I did that day, but not this one. Some exciting things happened on this episode of What It Is, including having a special guest, my very good friend Sarah, in the studio taking some documentary photography while I did my thang.

I really have nothing else to say, so let's get to it!

[Artist: Song - Album]
  1. The Bar-Kays: Let's Have Some Fun - Flying High On Your Love
  2. Bootsy Collins: 1st One 2 The Egg Wins (The Human Race) - What's Bootsy Doin'?
  3. Charles Bradley: In You (I Found A Love) - No Time For Dreaming
  4. Goldenrod: Death of Concept of Future - Painting for Prophets
  5. Ginuwine: Pony (album version) - Pony
  6. The Fifth Dimension: We Could Fly - Star Dancing
  7. Al Green: I'd Fly Away - Full of Fire
  8. Marvin Gaye: Right On - What's Going On?
  9. Maze: The Look In Your Eyes - Joy And Pain
  10. Nino Moschella: Are You For Real - The Fix
  11. Janelle Monae: Many Moons - Metropolis: The Chase
  12. Microphone Mathematics: Quasimoto - Peanut Butter Wolf's Jukebox 45's
  13. Musiq: Stoplayin - Juslisen
  14. The Dell-Vikings: Whispering Bells - Doo Wop Uptempo
  15. Earth Wind and Fire: Electric Nation - Electric Universe
  16. Charles Earland: Cornbread - Coming To You Live
  17. Diana Ross and the Supremes: How Long Has That Evening Train Been Gone - Love Child
  18. Roy Davis Jr.: Take A Ride - Water For Thirsty Children
  19. Andre Williams: Hear Ya Dance - Can You Deal With It?
  20. The Bucketheads: The Bomb! [These Sounds Fall Into My Mind] - All In The Mind
  21. The Mackrosoft: Enclavia de Labia - Journey to Vaginus
  22. Bautista: Elena - The Heat of the Wind
  23. George Clinton: He Dance Funky - Our Gang Funky
  24. Reminiscence Quartet: batucada de carioca pt. 2 - Psychodelico
  25. Aretha Franklin: Don't Say You're Sorry Again - After Hours
  26. Chaka Khan: Tell Me Something Good (Live) - Epiphany
  27. Tyrone Davis: Can't Help But Say - I Can't Go On This Way
  28. Jimmy Thomas: Feelin' Good - Ike and Tina Turner Revue
Feelin' Good:
  1. Balance: I really like the balance of the different kinds of soul music I played this time. Sometimes I tend to lean one way or the other, but I pretty much hit everything this time.
  2. The Bar-Kays: Always a good way to start a set. Second only to Bootsy.
Feelin' Bad:
  1. NOTHING IS BAD EVERYTHING GOOD.
Keep listening! Leave comments with suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment