Did you know that there are albino zebras?! I guess I knew that pretty much any animal could be albino, but ZEBRAS! They look either totally white, or they have a white body and slightly darker stripes. There are also melanistic zebras, who have greyish bodies and very dark stripes. Then there are half-melanistic and half-albanistic zebras! How cool is that?! And there are spotted zebras too! And did you know that black panthers are melanistic jaguars? They are! You can Google it!
|Half melanistic, half albanistic zebra|
|Albino zebra and normal zebra|
|Melanistic zebra (I think it looks a bit like a hyena...|
This week has been WCBN's annual fundraiser (as also evidenced by the many blog posts regarding the matter). I didn't really do anything special for my show, except making a Facebook event saying that I would sing if I got $400 total, or a single donation of $150. Guess how much I got, listeners? *drumroll* $10. WOOOO! Thank you, whoever you were. I love you.
For this show I had a bunch of requests, actually. My friends Austin and Leah requested At the Drive-In and Regina Spektor, respectfully, and I had a caller ask for "the grossest, most awful album you can find in the station." So thanks guys!
I'll let you get to the playlist.
[Artist: Song - Album]
- Ladysmith Black Mambazo: Akasekh' Engimzondayo - liph' iqiniso
- Juanecoy Su Combo: Caballito Nocturno - Masters of Chicha
- Spain: Ten Nights - Blue Moods of Spain
- Edith Piaf: T'es beau tu sais - The Best of Edith Piaf
- Railroad Sounds: Various Steam and Diesel Sounds - The Sounds of a Vanishing Era
- Trayer: WEHAV EENTE REDAH OLYPA TTERN - One Over Zero
- Choralschola Der Wiener Hofburgkapelle: In Nativitate Domini ad MIssam in vigilia - Gregorianischer Choral
- Yeshe Dojre Rinpoche: Shedur: A Ghost Exorcism Ritual - Tibetan Buddhism
- Fats Waller: Black Raspberry Jam - The Complete Fats Waller
- Regina Spektor: Chemo Limo - Soviet Kitsch
- Apollo: Hungry Eyes - Apollo
- Naftule's Dream: Gnossiene #1 - Job
- At The Drive-In: Pickpocket - This Station Is Non-Operational
- Binali Selman: Bayburt Halayi - David Zurna Ile Oyun Ilavalari
- Bhai Gaitonde: Tintal - Bhai Gaitonde (tabla)
- Malcolm Bilson: Sonata in F Major - Haydn Keyboard Sonatas
- Beverly Gemigniani: Dancin' Grannies VHS - Dancin' Grannies Mature Fitness Beginners
- 3rd Eye Foundation: Urchin Snuffed Candles - i poo poo on your juju
- Daniel Johnston: Tears, Stupid Tears - 1990
- Nordisk Sang: Sylfest Mork - Nordisk Sang
- Kin Ping Meh: Fairy Tales - Kin Ping Meh
- John and Phillis Miller: various tracks - The Rainbow Express, A Serious-Fun Musical About God's Promise To Noah...And Us!
- Escape Mechanism: Being - Escape Mechanism
- Electribe: Talking With Myself (Opium Mix) - Talking With Myself
- Mara!: Little Duke Arthur's Nurse - Images
- DJ Soul Slinger: Brian Job - Don't Believe
- Nectromonitron: Invading Assassin Is Dead - Necrominitron
- The Nighthawks: Born In Chicago - Jacks & Kings "Full House"
- Aaron Dilloway: Eight Cut Scars - Modern Jester
This Station is Operational:
- Request for the worst album: Thank you glorious anonymous listener. I owe the entire Rainbow Express layering with Escape Mechanism. Some of it didn't mesh, but in the best sense of chaos.
- Chant Layering: This was a very good idea. Two different chants at the same time. Yum.
- Naftule's Dream: I really liked their cover of Debussy's Gnossiene #1, and there were even a couple more Debussy covers on the album! Bravo!
This Station is Non-Operational:
- Mess of layering at the end: Honestly, I didn't really feel very good about the ending layering with Electribe, and Mara!. It all felt a bit forced to me, but what can you do.
- Aaron Dilloway: I'm sure this album is good, but not good to end a set on. Good for layering maybe...but I just put it at the wrong time I guess.
- Not too much talking: I really need to start incorporating more talking into my show again, because frankly I miss talking to you guys, and I think at least a few of you miss listening to me, right? RIGHT?!
Thanks again! Keep listening!