One of my favorite things about my new 11pm-1am Wednesday slot is that I have the chance to chat with some of the other DJs, rather than the inevitability of being alone from 3-6am. And during fundraiser, there's the cozy comfort that you will never be alone in the studio, because someone will always be answering the phone to take pledges. And tonight I had the pleasure to be accompanied by our co-development director James.
|Clara Rockmore, rocking a theremin|
The best moment of the entire set, without a doubt, is the Isao Tomita and Before Sunrise layering, which goes in my Top 3 Moments of my own layering history. If you follow my Facebook page, I posted the actual YouTube clip. I regret nothing about this, but if you're interested to hear some of the dialogue from Before Sunrise that you might have missed because of the layered theremin, you can watch the clip here.
[Artist: Song - Album]
- High Rise: Ikon - Live
- The Brooklyn Funk Essentials: You Don't Know Nothing - In The BuzzBag
- Tulku: Journey of the Warrior Original Mix - Journey of the Warrior
- American Museum of Natural History: various sounds - Sounds of a Tropical Rain Forest in America
- Elsa Lanchester: Lola's Saucepan - Bawdy Cockney Songs (on 45rpm)
- Michel Wintsch and Crew: Link - Identity
- Xiu Xiu: Hello From Eau Claire - The Air Force
- Sexteto Habanero: Coralia - The Roots of Salsa Vol. 2
- New York Phil and Leonard Berstein: Salome's Dance - Leonard Bernstein Conducts Richard Strauss
- Joshua Gabriel: RebelForTheNewMillenium I - Movement No. II
- Pete Handy: Snow Deer Rag - Honky Tonk Piano
- Zeni Geva: Dead Sun Rising - Live in Amerika
- Scarlet: No One's Getting Out Alive - Cult Classic
- The Five Satins: In The Still of the Nite - Best of Doo-Wop Ballads
- Billie Holiday: Prelude To A Kiss - Billie Holiday SIngs
- DJ Wally: Ridiculous Sound - Genetic Flaw
- Boneheads: Shake That Demon out - Donkey
- Space Streakings: Youngman II - 7-Toku
- Clara Rockmore: The Swan - Gravikords Whirlies & Pyrophones
- Brave Old World: Moskowitz Meets Beckerman - Klezmer Music
- Man or Astroman?: Many Pieces of Large Fuzzy Mammals Gathered Together At A Rave and Schmoozing With A Brick - A Spectrum of Infinite Scale
- Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra: Johann Strauss: Wiener Bonbons Waltz - Viennese Bon-Bons
- Isao Tomita: Debussy: Claire de Lune - YouTube
- Before Sunrise Scene
- Jedi Mind Tricks: Speech Cobras - Violent By Design
- Peabo Bryson: Minute By Minute - Paradise
- Guitar Wolf: Fire Ball Red - UFO Romantics
You Know Everything:
- Itao Tomita + Before Sunrise: This layering was practically orgasmic, and listening back later was like eating a slice of pie made in radio heaven. I'm going to thank James specifically because he is the one who sent me this clip.
- Rain Forest Sounds layering:
- High Rise: UGH. It's been awhile since I really got into some loud, noisy, garage rock, and James had the perfect cure for that. Not only that, but a perfect start to my show.
You Don't Know Nothing:
- Bawdy Cockney on 45rpm: I really need to check the RPM before I play pretty much anything on any of the turntables. I have no idea when I will stop doing this.
- Man or Astroman?: Not that I disliked this, but the title of this song almost caused me to make a rage comic based on my frustration.
- More risks: I think I need to go for more layering and crazy stuff on my show. What do you think?
Thanks for listening guys. It really means a lot.