Hola, amigos! I subbed the Latin show today!
I've been wanting to get on this show for a long time, but it just never happened. This is exactly why: it was third on my preferences for specialty shows. Now, I know what you're thinking, "Well, Heidi. You can't really expect to be on the Latin show if it's your THIRD preference." But here's the thing, my other specialty shows I rotate are "What It Is" and "Radiozilla," which I both really enjoy. I simply HAD to put a third preference. Really, in a perfect world, I would be on ALL the specialty shows. Also, incidentally, it was my half-birthday this day. So happy half-birthday to me.
|Astor Piazzolla: Si, feliz cumpleaños, Heidi.|
[Artist: Song - Album]
- Bio Ritmo: Muchacho - Biónico
- Grupo Exploracion: Congo Timba - Drum Jam
- Gotan Project: Arrabal - Lunático
- Astor Piazzolla: Butcher's Death - The Rough Dancer and the Cyclical Night
- Tito Puente: El Timbalon - Un Poco Loco
- Roberto Poveda: Libertad - Son Electrico
- Los Van Van: Recaditos No - Songo
- Nova Lima: Libertá - Coba Coba
- Michel Portal & Richard Galliano: Libertango - Concerts
- Urubamba: Heart of the Inca King - Urubamba
- Claudia Gomez: Mi Gustaría Cantar - Tierradentro
- Grupo Fantasma: Calor - El Existential
- Los Calchakis: La Rosa Y La Espina - Indian Flutes, Harps and Guitars
- Tonino Caratone: Amar y Vivar - Latin Alternative Music Conference 2001
- Adalberto Alvarez & María José Santiago: La Primavera - Flamenco Son
- Sukay: Carneval Del Colibrí - Tutayay
- Astor Piazzolla: This LP was one of the most interesting things I've seen in a long time. On the cover it had a man licking a woman's armpit while they were dancing, and it was all in red. A lot of these songs had super interesting names too. And the whole thing was really damn good.
- Tema de la libertad: I didn't specifically mean to, but I played a lot of songs with some form of "libertad" in the title. I also think it's funny that a lot of Latin music has that as a theme. Anyone know why? I'm really asking.
No me gusta:
- Failure to find Spanish promos/PSAs: The first legal ID I played was in Spanish, but after that I completely failed to find them, which was something I really wanted to keep the mood of the show in tact.
- Too short: I need more of this in my life.
Thanks for listening! Let me know if you like my version of the Latin show, and if you want to hear me do the Latin show again!