Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Surprise Radiozilla #3 - 2/26/12

Right Click/Ctrl-Click to Download Radiozilla #3 Here

Minekawa-san with a cat
 Konnichiwa, minna-san! Today's Radiozilla is brought to you by...*drumroll*...a surprise no-show DJ after the Latin show! Luckily, I really like Radiozilla, and I really like WCBN, and I'm on spring break, so I was happy to stay.

Miyavi-san with a cat
Honestly, I didn't feel great about this show, purely because I wasn't prepared to actually DJ this show. I usually come to the station about 15-30 minutes before I do a show so that I can pick out music, and accumulate a nice pile of CDs/LPs so that I don't have to run around the station a lot. Unfortunately, that's exactly what I was doing this time. For a freeform show it's pretty easy to operate like that, because I have the freedom to literally grab whatever I want. But with an all-Japanese show, I must grab Japanese music. Here's the trick: there's no Japanese section. I need to literally scan all of the sections to find Japanese artists, or go from the Japanese artists that I know. I had a little bit of help from a special guest in the station, but I still felt a bit stressed. I hope that didn't come across.

Although this show isn't cat themed, I hope you like these pictures of two amazing artists which you will hear in this set with some cats (fake and real ones), and this other picture of a cat meme!

[Artist: Song - Album]
  1. Kodó: Strobe's Nanafushi (Satori Mix) - Sai-So
  2. Miyavi: Are You Ready To Love? - Miyaviuta (Dokuso)
  3. Takako Minekawa: Sleep Song (Remixed by portastic) - Recubed EP
  4. Cibo Matto: Working For Vacation - Stereo Type A
  5. Puffy: Circuit No Musume - Japan Not For Sale vol. 2
  6. Sachiko: Tokyo Song - Fork in the Road/Tokyo Song
  7. Kahimi Karie: Lolitapop Dollhouse - Kahimi Karie
  8. Acid Mothers Temple & The Melting Paraiso U.F.O - Pink Lady Lemonade (I Want To Drink You) - Live in Occident
  9. Cornelius: The Micro Disneycal World Tour - Fantasma
  10. Tujiko Noriko: Kiminotameni - From Tokyo To Naiagara
  11. Supercar: White Surf style 5. - Japan For Sale
  12. Yoko Kanno: Pokketto O Karani - Escaflowne Over the Sky
  13. High Rise: Mainliner - Live
DJs who show up for their shows:
  1. Last-minute sub award: 'nuff said. 
  2. High Rise: Always a pleasure. I always try to keep them in the back of my mind during Radiozilla, because we have like 5 albums of their stuff. 
DJs who forget their shows and don't apologize:
  1. Sub-par picks: Apart from the tracks that my special guest picked out, I felt like my own tracks were a bit below the bar that I aim for Radiozilla. I like upbeat tracks contrasted with pretty acoustic tracks, but it felt really all over the place today.
Sorry, not much to say for such a short show. Still hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment