Wednesday, December 21, 2011

6 O'Clock Shadow #1 - 12/16/11

Right Click/Ctrl-Click to Download 6 'O Clock Shadow #1 Here

Hey future CBNers.

Have you ever heard of the "6 O'Clock Shadow" on WCBN? The idea is that for one hour, a friendly DJ (like yours truly), does an hour of freeform and waits for a few guests to come knocking on the station's shady, metal door so that prospective DJs might try picking some music out and get a feel for how it's done. You call. I let you in. You come pick out ANYTHING YOU WANT. I play it. It also gives you a chance to talk to the DJ and ask them ANYTHING YOU WANT.

Today I also had a guest, who is my mother. Who picked out a few of the songs, like Marvin Gaye and Diana Ross. She took a lot of pictures too. Unfortunately for her, I was really busy pretty much the entire hour, and was running around constantly because I ended up playing a bunch of short songs. BUT I think the set came out really well because of it!

[Artist: Song - Album]
  1. Marvin Gaye: Dream Of A Lifetime - Dream Of A Lifetime
  2. Dan Deacon: The House I Was Isn't My Girlfriends Porsche - Silly Hat vs. Egale Hat
  3. Sounds of the Tropical Rain Forest in America
  4. Black Joe Lewis: I'm Gonna Leave You - Scandalous
  5. Randy Grief: Sneezing and Howling - Alice in Wonderland pt. 3
  6. Ella Fitzgerald: Cottontail - Duke Ellington Songbook
  7. Heartbeat of Africa: African Bird Sounds - Heartbeat of Africa
  8. Angela Hewitt: English Suite No. 1 in A major BWV806 - Bach: the English Suites
  9. Metro: A pénz - Well Hung
  10. Fred Houn and the Afro-Asian Music Ensemble - We Refuse to Be Used and Abused
  11. Tuvan singers: It Began With An Echo - Heart of Tuva
  12. Eugene Mirman: Hello My Name Is Trevor - God is a 12-year-old Boy With Asperger's
  13. KMFDM: I Can't Reject This Empty Hole - The Juke-Joint Jezebel: The Giorgio Moroder Mixes
  14. Cee Lo Green: I Want You - YouTube
  15. Diana Ross: Doobedood'ndoobe, Doobedood'ndoobe, Doobedood'ndoo - Everything Is Everything
  16. Wordsound I-Powa: Dungeon of Dub - Axiom Dub - Mysteries of Creation
  17. Anna Oxygen: Scientist - All Your Faded Things
  18. Otis Rush: You Don't Have To Go - Lost in the Blues 
I Want You:
  1.  Transition from Houn to Tuvan singers: As I was layering these tracks, I literally could not distinguish the two aurally. I had to simply watch for the first track to end to know which sounds had stopped. These are the moments for why I'm a DJ.
  2.  Marvin Gaye: Thank my mom for this actually. I asked her if she wanted to her anything in particular and she said Marvin Gaye. 
I Don't Want You:
  1. Doobedoobedoobedoobedobedoo...: I am not joking when I say this is the longest title to a song that I have ever seen or entered into the playlist, and I hope that I never see anything longer. This was horrible to type in. Maybe I could have stuck with one "Doobedood'ndoobe," but I'm dedicated to you, listeners. 
  2. There's not enough to hate about this. Deal with it.
I hope you like it! And if you want to DJ, shoot me an e-mail. I'd be glad to point you in the right direction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment