Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Radiozilla #1 - 12/11/11

Right Click/Ctrl-Click to Download Radiozilla #1 Here


I recently got drafted into the Radiozilla rotation list, guys. Radiozilla is WCBN's all Japanese music show. Does that seem oddly specific? Maybe it is, but I really don't care, because I could play this stuff all day.

There's not much else to say except that I had a fantastic time searching through the WCBN library for the Japanese stuff. There was a list of Japanese musicians that I was e-mailed beforehand so that I wasn't so overwhelmed (which is really a life-saver), but throughout my search I also found a lot of other names that weren't on the list, so I'm really excited to do another Radiozilla show!

[Artist: Song - Album]
  1. Gontiti: Coconut Basket - Sunday Market
  2. Takako Minekawa: Fantastic Cat - Roomic Cube
  3. Polysics: E.L.T.C.C.T. - Absolute Polysics
  4. Nobukazu: White Sheep and Small Light - Hoshi No Koe
  5. Sadao Watanabe: Echo - A Night With Strings
  6. Yoko Kanno: Pu Qua O - Macross Plus OST II
  7. Junko Sumi: (track #1) - Junko Sings Japanese Nursery Rhymes
  8. Thee Michelle Gun Elephant: God Jazz Time - Rodeo Tandem Beat Specter
  9. Hiromi: Keytalk - Brain
  10. Chocolat: Blue Mint Blue - Japan Not For Sale vol. 2
  11. Tokyo Kid Brothers: (track #3) - Golden Bat
  12. Polysics: New Wave Jacket - Japan For Sale vol. 2
  13. Yoko Solo: don't fall asleep i'm warning you don't fall asleep - The Beeps
  14. Akiko Yano: Angler's Summer - Love Life
  15. unknown: (track #8) - Tenchi Muyo Christmas
Fantastic Cats:
  1. Polysics: I love all things by Polysics. They were one of the first Japanese bands I ever listened to. 
  2. Yoko Kanno: Always a pleasure, m'dear. I'm so obsessed with you.
  3. Tenchi Muyo Christmas: I used to watch Tenchi Muyo alllll the time when I was a kid. It was one of my first animes actually, and I would sometimes watch it with friends who had taped it off of Cartoon Network so I wouldn't miss it. Haha! 
Not so fantastic cats:
  1. Nothing: This was perfect. Practically. Also, it was just too short to mess up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment