This post represents the second half of the longest night/morning of my life, but also one of the most fun and testing nights/mornings I've had DJing. The show started at 6am, when I had already done 3 hours of DJing at my normal slot. The transition between the two shows was actually really smooth, and I think Mic (the DJ I subbed for) for that, because he requested I start it with gospel, which really threw me full on into the next show.
[Artist: Song - Album]
- The Voices Supreme: Walk and Talk With Jesus - Brand New
- Cat Power: Moon Shiner - Moon Pix
- Revolution 9: Compuer Girl - Lo-fi Glamour
- Celicion/Nastacio/Johnson: Zuni Pueblo Rainbow Dance Song - Music of New Mexico Native American Traditions
- Benny Goodman: You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To - Happy Session
- cEvin Key with subconscious orchestra: musik für cats - Music for Cats
- Edith PIaf: Non, je ne regrette rien - Hymne a l'amour
- Philharmonia Orchestra: Symphony in C major K. 551 "Jupiter" - Mozart: Symphony 201 and 551
- Les Djinns Singers: Songs from Moulin Rouge - 60 French Girls Sing Encore
- Chris Dupont Trio: Various Selections - Lay No Claim
- Brian Eno: Events in Dense Fog - Music for Films
- Meryl Streep and George Winston: The Velveteen Rabbit - The Velveteen Rabit
- Panthers: Panthers! Pow! Pow! Pow! - Are You Down??
- Bombshell: Magic In The Night - White Knuckle Scorin'
- Billie Holiday: Strange Fruit - The Best of Billie Holiday
- Gang of Four: Damaged Goods - 100 Flowers Bloom
- Tony Williams: Neptune: Fear Not - The Story of Neptune
- Fanfare Savale: Hora Lu'Nea Mihai - Speed Brass of the Gypsies
- Andrew Hill: Retrospect - Verona Rag
- Bugs Bunny: What's Opera, Doc? - That's All Folks!
- Old Crow Medicine Show: We're all in this together - Transamerica Soundtrack
- Byron Lee & The Dragonaires: Sunday Coming - The Man and His Music
- The Pogues: The Wild Rover - Sally Maclennane
- Panda: Cloudy Pillow - 10% By Volume
- Northwoods Improsivers: Escarpment - Branches
The Good Stuff
- Chris Dupont Trio: I was so excited to have live music on my show, and I'm so lucky that I have friends that were so excited to perform live. It was a great experience, and I hope I get to repeat it many times.
- Velveteen Rabbit: I really loved this track, and I think it was a great way to mellow out the morning music to its fullest.
- Wild Rover by The Pogues: Loved this because I accidentally had it set on 45in rather than 33in, so it played WAY slower than it should have. I liked it though. Sounded like a band of giant Irishmen.
Could Be Better Stuff
- Keeping focused: I think I either needed food or coffee, or maybe just a little more energy from inside, because then I think I would have a better handle on everything I was doing, as far as having a live group come in.
- Experimenting: Could have experimented more, but I also like the minimalism of this show, especially with the live band coming in.
Thanks for sticking with me guys. You can download this show and share it with everyone you know, and also make sure to check out their site/download their album, because they are so so good.