Sunday, October 23, 2011

Freestailo #12 - 10/23/11


How the hell are ya, listeners?

Last night's show was really fun. The highlight of that was definitely when I had a caller that called in about 5 times with requests and suggestions for artists to listen to. His requests included Brian Eno, Public Image Limited, and The Jams. He also suggested André Popp, XTC, and Drums and Tuba. He even said that he was taping my show with a cassette tape, like in the old days. SO COOL. He loved that I was able to find all of the songs he wanted right away (the power of Grooveshark and YouTube). I also got a call from our very own Ed Special saying that he was enjoying the show. I also had a few friends on Facebook that listened for awhile. If I could have constant interaction while DJing, I would be happy as a clam. 

Other than all of that, the show was pretty mellow, not a lot of flub-ups. Pretty easy going, but really enjoyable, so I hope that you like it. Look forward to hearing from me soon about some big events that are coming up for me!

ON TO THE PLAYLIST!
[Artist: Song - Album]
  1. Slavic Soul Party: Baltika - Taketron
  2. Charles Mingus Sextet with Eric Dolphy: When Irish Eyes Are Smiling - Cornell 1964
  3. Radar Bros.: All The Ghosts - The Singing Hatchet
  4. Goats: Mutiny - No Goats, No Glory
  5. Mountain Goats: Snow Owl - Full Force
  6. Library Science: Bye Bye Birdy - Dolphin
  7. Etta James: The Jealous Kind - Seven Year Itch
  8. Chocolate: Conga Forte, Rico Cajon - Peru's Master Percussionist
  9. Roy Lisker: The Alvarez Hypothesis - Language Compositions Sound Poetry 1981-87
  10. Motohiko Hino: Continental Drift - Sailing Stone
  11. Bootsy: What's A Telephone Bill? - Ahh...The Name Is Bootsy, Baby!
  12. Wilco: A shot in the arm - Summerteeth
  13. Madeleine Peyroux: Summer Wind - Half the Perfect World
  14. Hans Fagius: Johann Adam Reincken: Fuga, g-Moll - North German Baroque Music
  15. Jerry Butler: I Don't Want To Hear It Anymore - The Best of Jerry Butler
  16. Robert Anbian: The Day I Became White - I Not I (poems a stories)
  17. Debashish Bhattacharya: Drut Gat In Tintal - Raga Pahadi Jhinjhoti
  18. Hajime Wakai: The Legendary Hero - The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
  19. Mario Galaxy Orchestra: Rosetta's Comet Observatory 3 - Super Mario Galaxy OST
  20. Yuka Tujiyoko: Mario and Peach's Theme - Paper Mario OST
  21. Fennesz: Before I Leave - Endless Summer
  22. The Hi-Los: Shadow Waltz - The Orchestra Directed by Frank Comstock
  23. Brian Eno: Burning Airlines Give You So Much More - Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy)
  24. Brian Eno: Third Uncle - Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy)
  25. Public Image Limited: (This Is Not A) Love Song - Nouvelle Vague
  26. The Jams: That's Entertainment - Sound Affects
  27. Christian Eckert Quartet: Pelzhäubler - Up!
  28. Monty Python: Fish Introduction - The Meaning of Life
  29. Dark Day: The Metal Benders - Window
  30. Charles Manson: Eyes of A Dreamer - Charles Manson
  31. Karlophone: Penitentiam Agite - I Must Find This Karlophone...
  32. The Soul Providers: Lea's Rice Pudding - Soul Tequila
  33. Momus: Smooth Folk Singer - Folktronic
  34. Hank Williams: Cool Water - Alone With His Guitar
  35. Tujiko Noriko: anti-newton + (track 2) - I forgot the title
  36. Baaba Maal: Douwayra - Nomad Soul
  37. Delta 5: Mind Your Own Business - Disco Not Disco
  38. Blevin Blectum: Rockitship Long Light Years - Talon Slalom
  39. Pendragon: New England's Daughter - Passage to New England
Yay!:
  1. Library Science: Maybe it's the fact that the band is called 'Library Science,' but I was really digging this band. Like whoa. 
  2. Requests: I love requests. Period. I will always take them, and I will always find them no matter what. It's like a game for me. Thanks to everyone who gives me requests. Seriously. 
  3. Chocolate+Lisker: When I previewed the Lisker before I played the Chocolate, I knew immediately that I had hit gold. These lined up even better than I could have ever hoped. 
Nay!:
  1. Too many Enos: I didn't mean to play the first Brian Eno track. I really, and I mean really try not to play the same artist twice (unless I'm really on a kick). This was an accident though, because I meant to play the second Brian Eno track originally. Oops.
  2. Check composers: I shouldn't, but I assume that every good Nintendo soundtrack was by Koji Kondo. But it's not, clearly. The Wind Waker OST was actually NOT by Koji Kondo, as I put on the playlist, but by Hajime Wakai.
  3. Too much rock?: This is debatable, but I feel like I went too hard at the rock section today. What do you think?
Thanks again for the support guys. You have no idea how much it means. 

No comments:

Post a Comment