So as the rotation gods would have it, I had the Latin Show and Radiozilla back-to-back this Sunday, and honestly, and can't think of a better two hour slot to have. This Radiozilla was especially eventful because I had two people in the studio with me, one being my friend who was visiting, and another being Gus, who is a trainee to become a real-life WCBN DJ! Yaaaay Gus! Luckily for me (and him, who are we kidding), he chose to do his specialty apprenticeship with me during Radiozilla, so a few of these tracks were picked out by him! I've notated which ones with a "+" beforehand. We also learned that we have similar favorite SNES, such as Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG, which makes me like Gus a lot, so we'll probably be best friends now.
Seriously though, it's amazing to see these newbies, and what kind of music they pick out when they have the chance to explore. That's a major thing I love about WCBN, and sometimes I wish we could do more collaborative radio, like how this show was done.
Anyway, enough jibber-jabber.
[Artist: Song - Album]
- Polysics: Buggie Technica - Hey! Bob! My Friend!
- Puffy Amiyumi: Radio Tokyo - Splurge
- +Nobukazu Takemura: Everyone Gets His Own Nemesis - Akey To The Underworld
- Nubuo Uematsu: Battle Theme - Final Fantasy X
- Petty Booka: Chotto Matte Kudasai - Let's Talk Dirty In Hawaiian
- Asobi Seksu: I'm Happy But You Don't Like Me - Asobi Seksu
- Xtatika: Gone - Tongue Bath
- Mai Hoshimura: Stay With You - Japan For Sale Vol. 3
- +Ken Ishii: Frame Out - Jelly Tones
- Yoko Kanno: Cat's Delicacy - Vision of Escaflowne OST 2
- +Martin Atkins' China Dub Soundsystem: Mostly Hulusi - Made In China
- Kicking Giant: Alien ID - Alien ID
- +Atau: delull - biorhythms
- +Himawari: Wonder Pan - Mineral
- Fushitsusha: (track 3) - DBL Live Disc 2
- Gus ole buddy: Gus did a really great job, and I don't think I can say enough how happy I am to have him at WCBN now, and how excited I am to hear what kind of music he checks out in the future for his own show.
- Puffy Amiyumi: Remember that cartoon, Teen Titans? Well, I don't know about you, but the first time I heard of Puffy Amiyumi was because they did the theme song to this show, and I'm not going to lie...I really liked this show. I also had NO IDEA we had so much Puffy Amiyumi in the station! You will hear more Puffy Amiyumi on my freeform show soon...
- Martin Atkins: This track was so great. So, so, so great. I love how the hulusi was incorporated, and I really want to figure out how much of it was analog, and how much of it was digitally composed. Songs where I have to question that are what really blow my mind. Good pick, Gus!
But You Don't Like Me:
- Honestly I got nuthin': This was a great show.
Ja ne, minna-san!