|You'll understand why I chose this picture |
if you listen to the show.
It was really refreshing to talk to someone with a different sensibility about music than I have, but with similar philosophies about music in general. After talking to John, I learned that he's been to quite a few radio stations across the country, and loves the kind of freeform we do (yaaay!). Since John stayed during the rest of my show after the interview, I also got a chance to use his music in some layering, which couldn't have turned out better. I really want to thank John for creating this music that gave me the opportunity to create a radio piece like on today's show, and I very much hope that you enjoy listening to it as much as I did creating it.
To the music!
[Artist: Song - Album]
- John Boyle Interview
- Korean Orphan Choir: Various - Enchanting Korean Orphan Choir
- Ramon Lopez: Various - Eleven Drums Songs
- Shujaat Khan: Vilambit gat in tintal - Schujaat Khan (sitar)
- Linde: Depths - Lander
- Tim Sparks: At The Rebbe's Table - At The Rebbe's Table
- Michael Leviton: I Only Want The Sky - Songs From The Big Top
- Mantovani: You Only Live Twice - Hollywood
- John Boyle: Kontinuum 1 - Kontinuum
- Lucian Rebay: Various - Invitation to Italian Poetry
- Dexter: Various - Fever Dreams
- Trayer: Supernumeraries - Afterlife An Abandoned Theme Park
- Gregg Bendian: The Mother Box - Requiem For Jack Kirby
- Fabolous: Breathe
- From Ashes Rise: The Noise - Nightmares
- Frank Sinatra: My Baby Just Cares For Me - Strangers In The Night
- Daniele Lombardi: Sonata No. 4, Op. 11 - Russian Futurism
- The Black Angels: Black Grease
- Calvin Owens: Stop Lying In My Face - Stop Lying In My Face
- High Llamas: Get Into The Galley Shop - Buzzle Bee
- Amadou Kiénou: Tiriba - Amadou Kiénou
- Dorothée: Le Tour Du Monde - Dorothée
- Laura Bell Bundy: Giddy On Up
- The Waikiki's: Strangers in the Night - A Taste of Hawaii
- Malacoda: Into The Fold - Cascade
- Walter Wanderly: Rain - Rain Forest
- From A Second Story Window: The Challenge of Caring - Not One Word Has Been Omitted
- Kris Kristofferson: The Silver Tongued Devil And I - The Silver Tongued Devil And I
- Chuck Willis: Change My Mind - My Story
- Gloria Estefan: Me Odio - 90 Millas
- Quasimojo: Jetlag-4 - Acoustic Coupler
Giddy on up:
- Dat layer: That incredibly long layer that I did with John Boyle's material was absolutely stunning to do, and I'm still a little floored by how well it went. I think the best part was when the Mantovani record started to skip, which allowed me so much more to work with. AND THEN when it randomly came out of its groove to finish the song, exactly when I would have liked it to. It was magical, so take a listen.
- Trayer: I'm really obsessed with this album, guys. I ripped it and took it home, and it's been in my ears ever sense.
Giddy on down:
- Dead air: There were a few times when there was just flat-out dead air, and no excuse at all. Sometimes I'd be running around the station. There was that time I was making coffee. There was that time I was on the phone with a listener. Everything.
- Misplays: There were a few times that I wanted to play something in particular, but then I played something else. I'm really not too upset after the fact, but when it happens it's like THE END OF ZE WORLD.
Thanks for listening! Check out John Boyle, and tune in for the next show!