I love this show, because it gives me a chance to play long tracks that I might not otherwise feel like I'm allowed to play on my freeform show, like how with Radiozilla I'm able to play lots of Japanese stuff all together. I can sit back and really enjoy the music instead of running around and trying to fill up time.
[Artist: Song - Album]
- Zakir Hussain: Nines Over Easy - Zakir Hussain and the Rhythm Experience
- Tabla Beat Science: Secret Channel - Tala Matrix
- M. Saeed Chisti: (track 3) - Qari Sage Miran
- Dissidenten: Jungle Book Part 1 - The Jungle Book
- Rahul Sharma: Maqam-E-Navaa - Music of the Himalayas
- Ustad Vilayat Khan (sitar): Jor - Raga Bhairavi
- Ashwin Batish: Sitar Magic - Sitar Power
- Jody Stecher & Krishna Bhatt: Blue Mountain - rasa
- The Cheetah Girls: One World - One World Soundtrack
- Gour Goswami & Steven Gorn: Rag Marwa/Sunset Raga - The Indian Bamboo Flute
- Tabla Beat Science: I really love these guys, and I love the mix of sounds that they create. I could definitely listen to the entire album all the way through.
- Zakir Hussain: I don't know what it is about this guy, but he brings this really jazzy edge to his songs that I love.
Not so good stuff:
- Blue Mountain: This did not sound like Indian music whatsoever. It was in the Indian music section, and it had a sitar on the front, but it was definitely not what I was looking for. I even got a call from a listener about whether it was still Sounds of the Subcontinent or not. *headdesk* Not to self: preview tracks longer than 5 seconds.
See you soon! Thanks for listening!