It has been so long! I missed you!
Sorry for the lack of an update for probably...two weeks? It's been pretty crazy. I was in an opera, I've been memorizing a ton of music for my recital, and as much as I wanted to update, I couldn't justify taking the time away from my other things.
I had an interesting progression through this show, and I'd like to know what you think of it. The most interesting point of the show for me was when I got a call from a listener asking to play my "favorite song in the entire world." It was a hard choice, but I went with the "Intermezzo" from Cavalleria Rusticana by Pietro Mascagni. It's a pretty famous piece, and you've probably heard it in a movie or in a commercial or something. I originally heard it from Rurouni Kenshin in the scene when Kenshin and Kaoru say goodbye at the beginning of the Kyoto Arc, which is visually a stunning thing to watch as well.
I also decided to play "Pavlov's Daughter" by Regina Spektor later in the show, because that was my second choice at the moment.
Besides those things, I don't have much to say...on to the playlist!
[Artist: Song - Album]
- Dizzy Gillespie: Synthetic Blues - Featuring Dizzy Gillespie
- Ray Charles: What's I Say? - Live
- The Last Poets: Black and Strong (Homesick) - Black and Strong (Homesick)
- Soloman Burke: It Makes No Difference - Make Do With What You Got
- DJ Diamond: Torture Rack - Flight Muzik
- Be Your Own Pet: Fire Department - Summer Sensation
- Buddy Holly: Maybe Baby - The Buddy Holly Story
- Vieux Drop: Sutu Kun - Via Jo
- Vita Noctis: On A Day Like This - Against The Rule
- Dick Hyman and His Trio: Love For Sale - Dick Hyman and His Trio
- The Cardigans: Carnival - Life
- Empire Brass Quintet and Friends: Anon. CA 1500: Gloria - The Glory of Gabrieli
- Pietro Mascagni: Intermezzo - Cavalleria Rusticana
- Schumacher: Am Standesamt - Der Ratschkathl vom Diktualienmarkt
- Him: The Focus - The Focus/Changes
- Noam Chomsky: Lecture On Academic and Intellectual Freedom - 14th Annual University of Michigan Senate's
- Viva Quetzal: Saya Mestiza - Children of the Sun
- Regina Spektor: Pavlov's Daughter - 11:11
- Cyril Pahinui: Moani Ke 'Ala - 6 & 12 String Slack Key
- Knut: The will to please - Knut
- John Mayall: God Save The Queen - The Diary Of A Band
- Messageros Killers Boys: Pieces du Sommeil - Le trésor des îles chiennes
- DJ Olive: Chicken Crawl - Bodega
- Eels: After The Earthquake - Tomorrow Morning
- Warda: Ya Khsara! (What A Pity!) - Lebanon/Algeria
- Bruno Mars: Just The Way You Are - YouTube
- Alias & Tarsier: Cub - Brookland/Oaklyn
- Betty White: Delicious Dish (Dusty Muffin Sketch) - SNL
- Nord-Sud: Dagen Gryr - Fragments de routes
- Matthew Dear: Street Song - Headcage EP
- Betty White: I've been wanting to play this on the radio for a long time, and I'm really happy I finally remembered while I was DJing for once! The first time I heard this skit I knew that it needed to be played on the radio, because that's what makes the skit funny: that if there were no visuals this would sound like a pile of lesbians.
- Requests: Thanks for calling in, always.
- The Cardigans: Um wow. So, I thought I'd listened to the cardigans before, but apparently I hadn't, because I'm in love.
- Very little direction: I had no real purpose during this show. There doesn't always need to be, but it felt like it was floating on the surface of something really good, you know?
- ...: I really can't think of anything guys. I'm actually pretty happy with the show. Not overjoyed, but I can't really find any specific flaws except perhaps a lack of excitement on my part.
Until next time. Adieu.